Lately, there has been so much negativity going on in the world, so much bullying and low self-esteem in teenagers and young adults, that we forget to look at the good in ourselves. I will admit that I am guilty of stepping on the low self-esteem train. But I’ve also realized; if you don’t love yourself, how do you expect anyone else to? So, I’m posing a challenge to those of you feeling a little “less than”. Name 10 things that make you, YOU. Ten positive characteristics that set you apart from the next person. If nothing else, this exercise will make you realize how worthy you ACTUALLY are! So, let’s get this party started!
I’ll share my Top 10….
1. I Am Caring: I’m a very caring person. I’m concerned about those I love and want nothing but the best for them. I care about their well-being. I want to see everyone succeed. And if I can help with the process, I’m in! My heart is warm and fuzzy for those who are near and dear to me.
2. I Am Playful: I like to have fun! I love to keep things interesting and different. I have been crowned “the life of the party” by many family members and friends. I simply like to have a good time and see others around me happy. Life is too short to be anything but happy.
3. I Have a Sense of Humor: this one is totally by default. I don’t mean to be funny, but apparently I am; even when I’m not trying! I will admit, I’m quick-witted. But that’s mostly because a million things run through my head a day. Mostly inappropriate things, but I’m very quick on my feet.
4. I Am Spontaneous: I am the QUEEN of spontaneity. Don’t get me wrong, I like structure and organization. But at the same time, life is best spent living freely! I like not knowing where the wind will take me. I love going on adventures and taking random road trips out of the blue. At the end of my life, I want to look back and say, “I did everything exactly the way I wanted to.”
5. I Am Goal-Oriented: goals are important to me. Having something to strive for and live for is important. Scary, but important. Having a plan, in regards to your career and your family, should always be priority.
6. I Am Affectionate: when I love, I LOVE HARD! Which makes me very affectionate. I like to make the one I love feel good and physical contact, no matter the capacity, is an expression of my love. I like to feel skin. I like to touch. I like to hold and hug. I like to explore. I love to kiss. I love soft lips (especially in contact with skin). I like to openly show my love, and being affectionate is the best way I know how.
7. I Am Open-Minded: I have always been and always will be open to all types of people, all walks of life and all circumstances. The world is an open book to learn from. I give everyone a chance, no matter who they are. I feel like people who are close-minded stunt their growth. They don’t explore as much because they limit themselves. I never want to be that person. I want to free my mind to all possibilities and experiences.
8. I Am Strong: I’ve been through a lot and I’ve seen a lot. I think the ups and downs I’ve experienced have made me the person I am today. I don’t look at any situation as a mistake. Without mistakes, there isn’t room to learn or grow. I’ve been pushed to my limit and I know what makes me and breaks me. Because of my past, I’m able to appreciate everything I encounter in life. I’m fortunate for so much, I don’t take anything for granted.
9. I Am Loyal: loyalty is a big characteristic to have with me. So, I wouldn’t display anything less to others. I have a large group of friends that I have shared friendship with for YEARS! I trust them and they trust me. We have each other’s backs. I would go above and beyond to help those closest to me. And not because I expect the same in return, but because I was raised to always show where your loyalties lie and to give without expecting anything in return. You should always show loyalty to those who have helped you along the way on your life journey.
10. I Am Ambitious: I’m a go-getter. If I want something, I go after it. It doesn’t matter what obstacles I’ll face to get it, I don’t stop until I’m able to obtain it. I always put my best foot forward. I give 110% with everything I do. I’m a perfectionist who only wants the best. I will succeed by any means necessary.
Wow! I didn’t think I’d be able to name off 10 qualities that make me who I am. It was harder than I thought it would be! But, after going through this, I have realized that I shouldn’t be as hard on myself as I have been. I’m a pretty okay person! I actually have morals and beliefs! Now that I’ve accepted this challenge, it’s your turn to find the 10 things about you that make YOU amazing! Good luck!
I'm a lover of all things; sunsets, puppies, makeup, fashion, travel, friends and family. I love sharing new ideas and the crazy things that happen in my life. More importantly, I love exploring beautiful Southern California, and now sunny Sin City! Come along for the ride....!